The following is the criteria for membership in Genesis Physicians Group:
1. Applying physician must have hospital privileges at a facility accredited by
the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). PCPs
and OB-GYNs must have admitting privileges.
2. Board certification for the primary specialty from a specialty board recognized
by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or the American Osteopathic
Association (AOA) - OR - Board qualification and certification within five years
after completing residency. Continued board certification is required for on-going
membership. For continuing membership, physicians who were previously board certified
but did not obtain re-certification are approved for two years only.
3. Malpractice coverage of at least $200,000/$600,000.
4. Absence of any information provided in the application and available to the Membership
Committee members that, in the view of the committee members raises concern about
professional performance, conduct or business practices.
5. Continuous and active participation in the Genesis Physicians Group Clinical
5501 LBJ Freeway, Suite 950 Dallas, Texas 75240 972-419-0000